The love affair...

Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

theGhost
Prelude Enthusiast

The love affair...

Post by theGhost »

So I just got my Prelude, one week ago tomorrow. And I know I sound like one of those girlfriends who counts how long they've been dating their boyfriend, but man, it's fun.

First the bad news...
1st and second gear seam to high-rev too fast, and I gotta go into 3 faster than I'd like too. But I want to buy a performance clutch anyway.
There seems to be a transmission leak. I cleaned the undercarriage with a cloth, and it was filthy. Black stuff too, so the tranny may be on its last leg. May need to replace.

Now the good...
I've been without a car now for about 6 mos. and before that I was driving a little 96 Tercel. The Prelude ROCKS. Brings me back to when I was a 21 year old young buck.
The Prelude gets more looks in its stock condition than a lot of tricked out cars. All the racers seem to notice when I pull up to a light, but few want to test it. I've even beat
a couple of Mustangs. (Too heavy)

Now a question:

Anyone know a good website where I can find performance parts for the Prelude? Again, its an '89 2.0 Si 4WS.

Thanks all!

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: The love affair...

Post by spiffyguido »

Performance parts are hard to find for a 3rd generation prelude in one place. You really have to look around to find stuff that fits. If you're looking for a particular part, let us know and we might be able to point you to manufacturers. Other than visiting huge websites that sell a very wide variety of performance parts, you really have to look around.

Regarding your transmission:

If you've got a bit of a leak, it might just be your axle seals. These wear out with time and require replacing. It's not a terribly hard job to switch them out. We can help you with the procedure if you're unsure what to do. You should be able to see that the leak is originating where the inner cv joint splines meet the transmission housing. As the axle rotates, the leaking fluid will often get sprayed all over the area.

theGhost
Prelude Enthusiast

Re: The love affair...

Post by theGhost »

Awesome. Thanks!