ENGINE NOISE AFTER THE CAR IS TURNED OFF

Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

clutchlinetillredlin
Prelude Enthusiast

ENGINE NOISE AFTER THE CAR IS TURNED OFF

Post by clutchlinetillredlin »

someone please help!!! drivin me crazy!!!!!!!!! ok i have narrowed it down, the noise im talkin about comes from under the hood behind the trottle body it sounds like something is chargin or trying to open but cant.. it does it all the time but mostly soon after the car has been turned off but it also does it when its cold. anyone !!! any ideas??? and you call yourselves honda guys???? nissan boys would help a brother out??!!!?? j/k but i do need ideas or even better what the noise is????

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: ENGINE NOISE AFTER THE CAR IS TURNED OFF

Post by spiffyguido »

First of all, what year and trim of Prelude is this happening on?

Second, you say that the sound is coming from under the hood and behind the throttle body. There's not much there to make noise in most preludes. Could the sound be coming through the firewall? Do yo hear it all the time, or only when you shut the car off. Does it sound electrical or mechanical?

clutchlinetillredlin
Prelude Enthusiast

ok thanks for your help!! it is a 2000 s. i dont hear it when the car is running only after the car is turned off. i ve looked and checked everyplace and narrowed the noise to the area i told you about. right behind the air intake tube next to the the firewall. but it is coming from the engine bay does this help you at all??? its done it for awhile now but seems like it is doing more often now and for longer. it really sounds to me like something is tryin to charge or open the noise sounds like a car opener opening a car or a sport bike full throttle but from a distance. thanks for your help on this matter. everyone thinks im just hearing things but i know the sounds my car makes and i know its making this noise

clutchlinetillredlin
Prelude Enthusiast

its sounds electrical not mechanical

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

That's weird.

I'd have to go with something vacuum oriented. Need to hear it in real-time to guess differently.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

How long does the sound last?

Any chance you could snag a video of it so we can hear it?