Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

Preludedude
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: 95' VTEC

New Guy!

Post by Preludedude »

95' Honda Prelude VTEC H22A1

Well i got my First prelude a few mouths back, I love the car! treats me good, i do race around (Only lost 1 race), and Ride her a little hard but shes good to me, broke down one time due to alternator when out, my buddy in a 96' intergra LS pushed me more then 8 miles home. When i got my Prelude it had 208k miles and iv put 8k more, for having high miles its compression is only down to 205 from 215, such a great car i sold a 98' Civic LX for it, i only paid $1,800. My big Plan for My Lude is to Frankenstein the engine, H23 block and H22 head, then all the other bolt on, but im not sure what headers to get or exhaust. im not sure if im gonna turbo, that too much wear and tear on the motor, it sill needs to be my daily driver.

Cars That iv raced-
05' Cobalt SS "Won" (First time i hit 120)
Boosted Bens "Won"
boosted Civic "Won"
01' Mustang GT "Lost" (Diablo chiped, cold air intake and racing tires)
Dodge Dakota Sport "Won" (V8 magnum engine)
96 intregra LS "Won" (Buddy of mine) not very serious race.
Pontiac Gand Prix "Won" (V6) (Pulled up trying to impress his GF at the light after the race she was laughing her ass off [poor guy])
Chevy Truck "Won" (V8)
Ford Truck Heavyduty "Won"
96' Pontiac Firebird "Won" (I don't know engine)

The Firebird is the Last illegal race i will be involved in got a Racing on highway ticket clocked at 100 mph, still dealing with the ticket, but from now on it is speed limit, going to for now on just build my her up, an when i have a steady income, go to the drags with My Lude and feed my addiction on the track legally. I wish there was course races around where i live but the best i have is the drags... its better then nothing.

-Ron

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: New Guy!

Post by spiffyguido »

Ron,

Welcome to PreludeDriver.com. We're glad you found us.

A lot of people have had success with the so called frankenstein H-series setup you mentioned. It's a good starting point for a build. The real power comes with forced induction.

Putting on my moderator hat, I'll remind you that our forum rules strictly forbid discussions around illegal street racing. Full rules here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2

I'm very glad to hear that you've decided to move your racing to appropriate facilities. We fully support any and all racing done at appropriate facilities. Car racing at the right venue is very cool. Car racing on public roads is very uncool.

As you participate in the drag races at your local track please feel free to post your time sheets. Plenty of people would be excited to see those. Kill stories are fine too, as long as everything has happened in a legal fashion at a track. There are other users that have expressed interest in drag racing their Preludes and they would also likely love to hear your setup.

Thanks for joining!

Preludedude
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: 95' VTEC

Post by Preludedude »

Thanks for welcoming me to this Forum, Anytime i have free time at school i come to this sight and just learn about all the car experience's you and Red and anybody else that have had, thankful for me that me Prelude in its current state is in pretty good condition, i didn't get to drive it for 3 months and it was killing me, i was forced to drive my step dads 1991 geo storm, don't get me wrong its a great car, Its just not the My Prelude. But My Lude is back on the road and better then ever i guess driving a car fpr a wile that on a good day has 95hp then getting behind then wheel of the H22a1 its just a great feeling to have it back but anyways, this is a great forum and i will be posting picture of my prelude soon, Im hoping that i am going to get coil overs soon, hope to hear form you Guy and Girl soon Happy Holidays

~Ron

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Excited to see the pics!