Shop Manuals

Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

marvelous
Prelude Enthusiast

Shop Manuals

Post by marvelous »

Hi Marvelous hear Iv managed to get my 88 4ws back to gather after the valve job and to my surprise the fourth turn on the ignition created this beautiful sound justifying my efforts. After letting warm up (idle down) I set the timing as described in the manual. I set in the seat to check the gages and reality struck. My sense of accomplishment dropped way down. I had no tach ,no temp, no fuel, nothing and immediately shut it down worried about overheating . My search for the cause is ongoing and the manual downloaded from this sight priceless, but either i didn't get the full download or 15 pages of schematics have ben lost. My download ended with a index(see attachment) to pages I cant find. Did my computer not download the full manual? Am i overlooking something? Do I need to try another download ? What is the " wiring diagram index " referring to.? Im tracing circuits with my phone hound and with all the wires bundled so tight I think im getting bleed thru. any help would be great-fully appreciated .
Attachments
my last manual page
my last manual page

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Shop Manuals

Post by spiffyguido »

When I download the 1988 shop manual, I get 970 pages in the PDF. Is that what you're getting.

The 'wiring diagram index' probably refers to page 751 in the PDF. It's the table of contents for the electrical system.

Sounds like your gauge cluster isn't getting any signals. Check your fuses.