Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

91darkness
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 3rd gen 91 Si ALB

Automobile mag kudos

Post by 91darkness »

Hey guys,
the prelude got mentioned in the recent April 2012 automobile magazine. Finally getting some recognition for how awesome a car Honda built! If you click on the image its easier to read.
Attachments
12.jpg
Last edited by 91darkness on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Re: Automobile mag kudos

Post by RedRacer »

Good God 91dark -- you call that easier to read? LOL I know I'm blind anyway, but that was not easier to read! Just messin with ya ;)

It really says a lot about a car when car magazine writers are STILL referring to what a good formula that particular car was, 20 + years after the first one rolled off the assembly line.

The last line or, as the article states THE BOTTOM LINE -- is DEAD ON CORRECT "The Honda lineup could use a dose of sportiness" and that's the exact and nothing but TRUTH!

Honda has grown lame and complacent in their passenger car division and I never thought I would see the day arrive, but I think I have.

I hope this year shows us all up in our critiquing.

elspectro29
Prelude Guide
Prelude Model: 93 S and 91 Si

Post by elspectro29 »

I think more people want the Prelude back than we know. Once, on Honda's Facebook page, the mere mention of the Prelude brought out hundreds of "Bring back the Prelude!" comments. But this article pretty much states what we did in the NSX/Super Bowl thread.
#3 has arrived

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Exactly. And the fact that it's talked about this much, in small communities like PDriver, all the way to the top use site of Honda Facebook -- you know as well as I do that there are people paid by Honda to crawl sites and listen and report back --- so Honda knows, I have no doubt.

Now if they will only DO SOMETHING about it. Here's hoping.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Great find, 91dark! Love it.

There really is a lot of love out there for the Prelude, both from journalists and owners. Many Prelude forums and FaceBook pages indicate this. It's time for Honda to bring the Prelude back.

On an interesting side note, in his book 'Motorworld', the famously grouchy Jeremy Clarkson even had nice things to say about the Prelude. I believe he referred to it as being 'fantastic'.

91darkness
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 3rd gen 91 Si ALB

Post by 91darkness »

Honda to me is focusing, too much on engineering efficiency and not the wants of its consumers. They have gone away from what made people surge to have the next sporty Honda. I kinda wish we had a mass tuner phase like 2001. The fast and furious days, where a Honda was the edgy sporty car again. I don't mean the drowned out rice burner civic days, but when they recognized the need to have a great sport compact segment. They did well with making the Acura RSX, even though it was less affordable, but that was phased out and now even Acura has no sport compact.

It would be amazing to bring back a 3rd gen. If the big 3 can bring back the camaro, challenger, and mustang why cant honda do the same. Its a dream.......A 3rd gen with its own Vtec powerplant, SH-AWD system, and graceful lines!