Huge Announcement

Discussion topics related to all generations of Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

synthoova
Site Admin

Huge Announcement

Post by synthoova »

Hello all,

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your contributions to this site. We're still a small forum, but personally, I have been very pleased with the type of individuals that post on PreludeDriver.com. This forum is making a difference to the people that read our content.

If you frequent the Internet as much as I do, you've probably noted that over the last year or so more and more websites are trying to offer services that enable socializing between members. The success of sites like Facebook, Flickr, Orkut, MySpace, etc are proof of this. The web is transitioning from a place to find information into a place to meet new people and share your personality with them. Blogging, for example, continues to become an increasingly popular activity by young and old alike.

So what does all this have to do with PreludeDriver.com?

I love Honda Preludes, and I really enjoy meeting other people who share this passion. It doesn't matter whether a person is young or old, a newbie or a pro, I'm happy to meet anyone who owns and loves a Prelude. That's why I started this site; I wanted to connect with others that share my interest in Honda Preludes.

All things considered, I'm happy with how this site has grown, but I think it's time we modernized things a little bit around here. I think it's time for this site to start helping people connect. True, we're small, but we're growing all the time and I think it'll be a lot of fun.

With all of the above in mind, I'm very pleased to make this huge announcement:

PreludeDriver.com has been integrated with a number of exciting Google applications. Starting right away, you can have more than 6 gigs of email storage with a preludedriver.com email account. The interface of these email accounts is exactly like GMail. For example, if you were 'fred', you can have:

fred@preludedriver.com

As your email address. This service is already enabled, and can be reached at http://webmail.preludedriver.com

There's more coming, too! In just a few short weeks, you'll also be able to create your own web pages on the preludedriver.com domain. You'll be able to use a Google Calendar tied to the preludedriver.com domain. These features have been put in place to help all of you connect with others. The web pages feature will allow you post writeups and pictures of your car.

A start page has also been launched at http://start.preludedriver.com

The start page is highly customizable and can be loaded up with useful widgets.

All of these services are free of charge. If you'd like to have an account, please send an email to:

admin at preludedriver dot com

Include the following:
First Name, Last Name, Desired username, your username for this forum

An account will be created for you. To make it easier for people to find you, I would encourage you to create an account that has the same username as your forum username. This is not a rule, just a suggestion. You are free to have the username@preludedriver.com account of your choice. One account per person.

Once again, thanks for your visits and posts. Please, keep them coming. PreludeDriver.com has been around for over 2 years now, and we need to continue our growth.

If you have questions, please reply to this topic.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com