Prelude Picture Thread - Post Pictures of Your Lude

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Prelude Picture Thread - Post Pictures of Your Lude

Post by spiffyguido »

We have a similar law where I'm from, so perhaps I can shed some light.

The law pretty much says that any motor vehicle that is on a public street or lane must be registered. Since it is illegal to register a car without insurance, any registered car is known to also be insured.

The law doesn't seem odd until you start to consider vehicles that are parked for long periods of time. I guess, in that case, they want them registered so that if something happens to the car there is still a person and insurance tied to the vehicle in case there is any liability.

However, I'm guessing that where electro lives the law is different than where I live. In Alberta, it is perfectly legal to park an unregistered car on your private property. That way, someone technically would have to trespass in order to interact with the car. I could, for example, take the plate off my 'lude and park it on my lawn or in my garage for as long as I want. But as soon as it rolls into the street or alley, I'm liable to get cited if I don't have a plate.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

elspectro29
Prelude Guide
Prelude Model: 93 S and 91 Si

Post by elspectro29 »

Spiffy explained the gist of it, but I live in a historically affluent community (a suburb of Richmond, VA) and there are some strange laws that are supposed to be kept to keep the community beautiful. (Or something. It's really more totalitarianism than anything else, but I digress.) One of them is that unregistered cars must be kept covered and out of public sight. I had the car cover leftover from when my 3rd Gen didn't run, and the only reason I didn't register the 4th gen as soon as I bought it was that it was Sunday, when the DMV was closed.

elspectro29
Prelude Guide
Prelude Model: 93 S and 91 Si

Post by elspectro29 »

The new 4th gen:
(Don't mind the oil stain, it's from the '95)
#3 has arrived

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Took the old girl out to shred some country lanes yesterday evening....and I brought my camera.

Lighting was a bit poor as the sun was almost down for the day, but I'm still pleased with how these came out.
IMG_7949.JPG
IMG_7943.JPG
IMG_7942.JPG
IMG_7939.JPG
IMG_7937.JPG
IMG_7935.JPG
IMG_7927.JPG

mpL
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: 1991 SE

Post by mpL »

Here's mine ! 1991 SE Rebuilt from A to Z
Attachments
backprelude.jpg
preludefront.jpg
prelude.jpg

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

mpL wrote:Here's mine ! 1991 SE Rebuilt from A to Z
That's a nice looking Prelude! Great color - black and red are my favorites. CLEAN TOO! Not a speck of rust or damage anywhere. Looks like original paint too, is it?

Thanks for sharing - now, go get some shine on those tires! lol

mpL
Lude Dude

Post by mpL »

Thanks man! That car is so clean I can't believe that I found one like this! Isn't the original paint. All the car has been rebuilt but still the black original. But those stripes will probably be remove. And yes let me the time to change those mags, I only drove it half a day because I work away from home!

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

mpL,

Your lude is HOT, HOT, HOT! So clean. Nice to see one completely unmolested and in such good shape. And you're Canadian!

Love it. Would enjoy seeing more pics and hearing about the rebuild.

mpL
Lude Dude

Post by mpL »

Thanks! It looks clean on picture but in real it's so f***ing better! The car is all stock except for the steering wheel (momo one) and for the short shifter. I'll put a picture of the inside of my lude! And Yes i'm Canadian and i'm french so don't be suprised if my sentences aren't so clean as my ride ahha

mpL
Lude Dude

Post by mpL »

Here's my inside car real quick. Sorry for the quality of pictures... Can someone tell me how to put my real size pictures? Thanks and Enjoy!
Attachments
preludeinside2.jpg
preludeinside.jpg

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

You're posting your images correctly. People can click on them to get the full size version.

mpL
Lude Dude

Post by mpL »

spiffyguido wrote:You're posting your images correctly. People can click on them to get the full size version.
I know but I have to put the picture on paint and reduce it and it makes my picture deformed :O

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Picassa or Windows Photo make editing and handling images a pretty easy task.

First suggestion I would give is to to lower the resolution (size) of your camera device from HD or high res, down to like 640x480, and you'll have a better image for posting online due to the smaller size.

I use a program called ACDSee, and Paint Shop Pro, but they're not free.

Google's Picasa 3 is free and pretty easy to use. One other bare-bones editor is a free prog called IrfanView. Google those and download them and work with them and see which one you like best.

mpL
Lude Dude

Post by mpL »

RedRacer wrote:Picassa or Windows Photo make editing and handling images a pretty easy task.

First suggestion I would give is to to lower the resolution (size) of your camera device from HD or high res, down to like 640x480, and you'll have a better image for posting online due to the smaller size.

I use a program called ACDSee, and Paint Shop Pro, but they're not free.

Google's Picasa 3 is free and pretty easy to use. One other bare-bones editor is a free prog called IrfanView. Google those and download them and work with them and see which one you like best.
Thanks buddy I'll try it!

mpL
Lude Dude

Post by mpL »

spiffyguido wrote:mpL,

Your lude is HOT, HOT, HOT! So clean. Nice to see one completely unmolested and in such good shape. And you're Canadian!

Love it. Would enjoy seeing more pics and hearing about the rebuild.
The guy before the one who saled me the car just rebuilt the whole car. I have for 16 000$$$ of bills! And here's some pictures of some changes I did in my days off! Wich are New Wheels, red stripes removed, and sunroof deflector added! Enjoy, Comment, do whatever you want ;)
Attachments
IMG_15731.jpg
IMG_15981.jpg
IMG_15971.jpg
IMG_15931.jpg
IMG_15921.jpg
IMG_15881.jpg