Prelude rear-ended

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Prelude rear-ended

Post by RedRacer »

Well, I'm not going to pour into any great detail because it makes me physically sick at my stomach every time I think about.

Stupid b***h not paying attention to her driving, and instead was screwing around yelling at the spawn of Satan in the back seat, and of course in an SUV, rear-ended the Prelude at a red light Monday afternoon.

Needless to say it took everything within my being to not commit murder on the sidewalk of Independence Drive in 5 o'clock traffic.

Taking my bent and wrecked Prelude in Monday morning to the BEST and MOST EXCLUSIVE body shop in this part of the country to be repaired.

Fingers crossed. Wish me luck.

I don't want to post any pictures because it makes me sick to look at it.

At least I have confidence in where I will be taking her for healing. Check em out. Some serious credentials. And I had to ask really nicely to get them to work on a Honda. Once I explained how I feel about this car and all my cars, the guy understood me and said he would work on my car. I feel very privileged indeed.

http://www.classiccarmotoring.com/pressawardsBASF.html

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Prelude rear-ended

Post by spiffyguido »

I'm heartbroken for you! That's the saddest thing I've heard this week.

It's the thing I hate most about having a car that spends any time on the road. Sooner or later, despite all your own skill and care, somebody will hit you. I've been lucky so far with my current lude, but both of my previous rides were backed into during their time with me.

I really hope everything can be repaired. It sounds like you've chosen a perfect guy to make the repair. For what its worth, I think you can be glad you got hit in the rear and not the front, because the front end is infinitely more complex.

I'm not really in the mood to see picture either, but I'm really hoping that the damage is limited to the bumper, trunk lid and rear quarters. If you've got pictures with the rear wheels all splayed out and the roof banana peeled, just save 'em and post pics when all is repaired. I can't stand the thought of seeing yet another perfectly good and loved Prelude smashed up.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Fortunately all damage is relegated to the rear bumper (it sacrificed itself to save the rest of the car) the trunk lid, internal bumper pieces and supports. NO SHEET METAL DAMAGE ON THE SIDES !!! YAY!!!

Got the estimate today, $2300 and some change. About what I was expecting. Actually I was thinking it was going to be closer to $3000. When I got out of the car and saw the damage, I turned around and screamed at the woman who hit me -
I HOPE YOU HAVE INSURANCE BECAUSE THAT'S GOING COST ABOUT 3 THOUSAND DOLLARS TO REPAIR! She looked at my car and yelled back in her best southern red-neck voice " Oh there ain't now way that is gonna cost three thousand dollars, my brother is a body shop worker and my headlight cost $600 dollars and he fixed it for $150 dollars and I know that ain't gonna cost no three thousand dollars!!!"

I was on the phone with the cops when she was screaming and the cop told me to tell her if she didn't lower her voice and calm down they would arrest her when they arrived on the scene. LOL

So I was close in my guess.

Classic Car is a little backed up, may be a week before they can get to it. But I know it will be done right. I'm not in any hurry.

Man, they had a Maybach out front that was just smashed. That hurt to look at.

A really sweet CLS AMG that had been repaired, looked brand new.

I rounded the corner in the shop (they told me I was welcome to walk around) and found a beautiful metallic maroon Saleen S7. One of the guys told me I could get in it if I wanted to, crank it up if the key was in it. It was. I did. I think I peed a little. LOL Incredible sound and feel. Raw American power. A beast I'm sure.

That's all for now. Will report back with pictures in a couple of weeks.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Thanks for the update.

Can't wait to see the pics of your new bumper.