Post a Picture of Your Dream Car

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post a Picture of Your Dream Car

Post by spiffyguido »

Money is no object. You can have anything you like. Any era, any cost.

Post a picture of what you'd get.

Here's mine.

997 Porsche GT3.....I'd have it in White though. Look at it just sitting there plotting to kill someone. Beautiful.
997GT3.jpg
997GT3.jpg (42.19 KiB) Viewed 5492 times

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Re: Post a Picture of Your Dream Car

Post by RedRacer »

"Plotting to kill someone!" LOL! That's pretty funny.

That's a good choice Spiffy. Good choice.

Dude, I won't tell you what my 78 year old grandfather bought last year....... nope. I won't even tell you. But it's a distant cousin of the red car. Only it's black. Yes, my grandfather.

This is my dad's dad. It runs in the family. We all love cars. Even Mom. She's still rollin in the 07 AMG CLS. Sweet ride. Supercharged..... 500 hp. LOL, my mom.

The last time I rode with her she totally dusted a guy driving, I guess it was around a 2004, Ford SVT Cobra, on the bypass. It was crazy! He paced her to about 55 and then slowed down, she slowed down, he blew his horn and she hit the pedal..... the rear tires broke traction on the Benz and we were GONE! She scared the crap out of me LOL

And me, I'm still driving my 4 year old G, and my 14 year old Prelude. How come everyone in the family has some kind of freakin supercar and I DON'T!?

(ok, it's a 2007 911 Turbo that the old guy bought)

RedRacer

Post by RedRacer »

Well, my dream car would have to be a Saleen S7. They're just awesome cars.
1455.jpg
1455.jpg (242.61 KiB) Viewed 5479 times

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

A solid choice.

Lots of 'Go' in that car.

I saw one once stuck in traffic in LA once. Both the driver and the car were THE unhappiest things on the road when things were bumper to bumper. I'm not even sure if the Saleen has Air-Con, and it was a very hot day in LA. Once traffic cleared though, he was GONE. I'm sure he felt better then.

RedRacer

Post by RedRacer »

Actually the S7 does come with AC. I think it even has matching luggage. But yes, while it is indeed a street legal racing car, it has some of the niceties that we North Americans are so used to (and demand): Leather, power accessories, AC, decent sound system (Which is a good thing because they're incredibly noisy and loud inside) and even a rear view camera because of the crap rear visibility.

I've never driven one though. Sat in one, cranked and revved the engine in it. That alone told me it is a monster of a car. Probably scary as hell to drive. I can't imagine being in that cockpit and stuck in traffic. I can't even be patient in the G or the Prelude when someone drives the speed limit in front of me and I have no way of getting around them. I'd open a vein inside something like an S7.....!

In case you're wondering about the connection I have to a lot of really nice cars, my dad's brother (my uncle) is a luxury/high end automotive broker / buyer. Barret Jackson is like his second office.

Because of him, I get to experience a lot of cars that most people may never even lay eyes upon. I consider it definite fortune and good luck to have this "fringe benefit" of my relative. And he's also the main reason my mom and dad and other relatives have some really decent and extremely awesome cars in their garages. I can't afford the big ones yet, but I'm working on it. One day perhaps I'll have a 6 figure car in my garage. One day. Probably not real soon with the economy being what it is, but I haven't given up hope. :wink: