Just my luck....

Discussions not related to Honda Preludes

Moderators: RedRacer, Moderators

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Just my luck....

Post by RedRacer »

This is an amazing storm-sewer event.......and I have to admit, since I have the luck of the damned, I would be the poor guy driving the pickup. Wrong place at the wrong time. Check out the size of that hole cover...good LORD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDfZdfeJ1nc

And notice how NOBODY actually stops to check on the truck or its driver. Amazing.

I saw a woman spin out in the rain on the interstate a while back, slammed her car head-on into the concrete barrier that separates the two sides of the interstate. Serious accident. Major damage. There were like ten other drivers who also saw it happen, and I know they saw it because they all hit their brakes when she lost control in front of them. Yet, NOT ONE OF THEM STOPPED. I was the only person who bothered to stop. It was raining, it was cold, it was dark, it was too inconvenient for them to give a rats-ass about the well being of another human. But I stopped, and I stood on the side of the interstate with her, in the rain. Calming her down and being a presence until her daughter arrived. Was going to offer the warmth and dryness of my own car to her, but figured that might scare her. So I didn't.
But I stayed with her. Almost an hour.

Still just makes me mad as hell when I think about it. Not one of them stopped. Not one. Simply amazing. It's crap like that which gives me little to no hope for the future of the human race.

Sorry...didn't mean to go off on a rip there....

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Nice.

I saw that clip a little while ago. Amazing. Similar things happened in my city two years ago when we had some 100 year storms here. The nightly news was basically just pictures of cars floating in water. Sad.

It's true that people aren't helpful. I've witnessed the same thing as you. I've seen people get in accidents and have people speed right by them. Yes, I stopped, but so should the other 25 cars that also saw it.

Winter is bad for that here. When it's minus 45 degrees C, people don't feel much like getting out of their cars to help someone in the ditch or something.

Try not to have something like that happen to you, RedRacer...I know how bad your luck has been. I take it you've made it this far through the storm season without having any trees fall on your car yet?

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Actually I showed that to my brother and told him that was my luck, that could have been me driving that truck.

He said no, because if it had been me, lightning would have struck the truck too. LOL!

No, I haven't had any more mishaps since hurricane Katrina attacked the Prelude. That bitch. (katrina, not the prelude)

Hopefully I' can manage the rest of 2007 with nothing major.

God...I shouldn't have said that.......

Sanova
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by Sanova »

That was an insane video.. and no one stopped to help.

America.

CADster
Lude Dude

Re: Just my luck....

Post by CADster »

i think cell phones have changed the way people look at things that happen.

i use to stop when i saw something wrong but lately, the person(s) just looks at me like im going to kill them or something.
they have a cell phone, so what am i trying to do ..... sheesh.

Edge2lyfe
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: 1998 5spd Base

Post by Edge2lyfe »

This video is sorta amusing because if you look at the cars going the opposite direction they continue to drive thru it fast and you can see them lose control.... :) dummies.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

In general I think that people are way overconfident when it comes to water around their car. Driving your car through deep water is never a good idea. At a minimum, you're going to end up breaking a rod and making sure your carpets smell like mold for the rest of eternity. I've see so many people drive through water that was much too deep, thinking that they will make it. Heck, just a few years ago I helped my buddy drag his Sentra, cylinders full of water, out of a puddle that he drove through.