oil leak

Second Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

isaiahpena
Lude Dude

oil leak

Post by isaiahpena »

Ok my 1987 Honda prelude si is has a slow oil leak somewhere..it's like dripping off the oil pan but it could also be coming from somewhere else any ideas where it could be coming from so i could just replace all gaskets and seals that might be leaking oil

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

isaiahpena
Lude Dude

Re: oil leak

Post by isaiahpena »

Also forgot to mention my 1987 prelude si has an A20a motor

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

You're going to have to have a more detailed look and see where the leak might originate. Leaks commonly come from the head gasket, valve cover gasket and the oil pan gasket.

What side of the engine is the leak on? Can you trace the leak back to its source?

isaiahpena
Lude Dude

Post by isaiahpena »

Its looks like when im under the car its coming from top slowly making its way down in over a month it leaked out at least a quart of oil but if its most like one of those 3 gaskets i think i might just replace them all to be on the safe side

isaiahpena
Lude Dude

Post by isaiahpena »

When i move my car it looks like it would be dripping off the corners of the oil pan..but could it also be coming from what evers on top of that

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

I'd start by replacing the valve cover gasket. These can fail with age and it will certainly cause a leak. They are inexpensive and very easy to replace. Better to start there rather than going through the hastle of changing the head gasket for potentially not reason.