good site for parts?

Second Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

prelude87si
Prelude Enthusiast

good site for parts?

Post by prelude87si »

what are some good sites with quality parts that aren't crazy expensive? anyone recommend any sites?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: good site for parts?

Post by spiffyguido »

See our parts link at the top of the page for some starter tips.

Outside of those retailers, let us know what particular part you're looking for and we might be able to offer further suggestions.

prelude87si
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by prelude87si »

remember me mentioning I wanted to first lower my prelude.. but I cant find anything for the 87. do you know a place I can get my hands on some?

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

It's tricky with older cars. Depending on the brand you're after you might have to hunt a while. When I had a 2nd gen, I got some of my parts from UltraRev. They might still stock some of the older stuff. Hard to say.

Beyond that, it's worthwhile to figure out what you want and then start googling. I've heard of numerous stories of people finding old parts this way that have long been discontinued. Retailers stock parts and often have old ones laying around their warehouses. Can be hard to find.

Don't discount eBay as well. Sure, there's lots of new junk on their, but it's also the first place a lot of people go to offload things that have been collecting dust in their garage. It's a great place to locate hard to find parts.

I'll mention this thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=916

There you'll find a list of the manufacturers that were making parts for Preludes in the 90s. Some of these parts of been discontinued, but as I said, it's still possible to find them.