new to preludes

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

tromma
Prelude Enthusiast

new to preludes

Post by tromma »

Hi Id like to start off by introducing myself, my name is Josh I live in California. I have recently acquired a 1991 prelude si 5 speed, the engine is the B21a1, the car is in fairly good condition, the hood has a small dent right next to the honda logo, and it appears that it has been rear ended thankfully the damage is only cosmetic. I am new to imports, and i have a questions about getting it on the road. It has been sitting for over a year and incredibly it still runs, I know that it is burning oil and has a slow oil leak although i dont know where its coming from i have to do some searching to find it. other than that the car seems solid the clutch feels good, shifts smooth, and the interior is damn near perfect. other than a tune up, changing the hoses that are needed and flushing fluids, any advice on where to start or things i should look for?
any and all help is welcome thanks for reading.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: new to preludes

Post by spiffyguido »

Since it sounds as though the car is running well, I'd start by trying to find the source of that oil leak. It'd be nice to get that sorted out so you don't have to worry about it dribbling oil all the time.

Start by giving the engine a good cleaning. This will make it easier to find the source of the leak.

tromma
Prelude Enthusiast

Re: new to preludes

Post by tromma »

Thanks for reading spiffy, and thanks for the advice hopefully thats all that needs to be dealt with because I'm eager to start driving it! oh and its white from what I've read on the forums you've got a bit of a soft spot for the white ones, when I have more time Ill try to post some pictures of it for you to see. If i have any more questions ill be sure to lay 'em on you.

Thanks again for reading.