simultaneous headlight motor failure? 91si

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

91-4wsSi
Prelude Enthusiast

simultaneous headlight motor failure? 91si

Post by 91-4wsSi »

So i picked up a totally stock, clean title, 1991 4WS Si honda prelude about a year ago and have enjoyed it thoroughly without any problems. Until recently that is, i have now had several little things that have begun to go wrong. In this thread specifically im only looking for some insight with my pop up headlights or whatever the technical name for them is. I have done nothing to them besides changing to a more powerful bulb right after i bought it and until now have also had no trouble with them.

I was driving around one night stopping at a few different locations and each time turning my lights off and on with both sides functioning flawlessly until when i had finally reached my final destination i went to turn them off and where the lights themselves turned off the headlights remained in their on position. i didn't hear any type of grinding from the motors of anything alarming/obvious like that. They simply stayed up. At first i just assumed it was a fuse or something of that sort because of the fact that they both just stopped simultaneously, nothing to be concerned about and for all i know that still may vary well be. I'm not the most knowledgeable about this car and am just now finding the time to begin to look for some more insight for this vehicle i've grown to love. The only degree in which i've looked into it is a couple empty google searches and looking at the easily accessible fuse-box to the left of the steering wheel where i didn't end up seeing a fuse for the headlights.

I'd appreciate any insight, explanation, or brainstorming for what this problem may be caused by. its nothing urgent but as im sure you can agree with my sentiments, it looks pretty funny to have your lights stuck up all the time.

Thanks so much in advance

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: simultaneous headlight motor failure? 91si

Post by spiffyguido »

Silly question, but did you accidentally activate the switch which locks them in the upright position?

91-4wsSi
Prelude Enthusiast

Re: simultaneous headlight motor failure? 91si

Post by 91-4wsSi »

Ha, clearly it wasn't a silly question because that's exactly what i did... The fact i didn't even realize that there was a switch that did that is simply ridiculous.

Thanks so much for your quick response and im sure ill be back with more questions, hopefully less ridiculous, in the future.