high emissions

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

ludelover91
Lude Dude

high emissions

Post by ludelover91 »

hi, ok once AGAIN dmv has turned me down with inspections stickers. Now instead of it being 220 my car read 361. everything else has passed but as to quote the dmv dude " my car is polluting the air" and now i have a very lovely #3 over top of my rejection sticker. and to my guess because the third time WAS not the charm for "her" to pass. And previously stated about the codes the engine lite has now come on. She runs good no more ruff idle as i sit waitin at tha tollbooths, now it is the fact that they say my car pollutes the air. By tha time i was done with dmv and mr. thing in there i swan i was eatin tacks and spittn out nails, He was just plain stupid (just because he thinks he has the "power"). Very arrogant. The poor car has been through alot since had her, probably the first time in 19yrs the engine has been "opened" up and all this stuff is happening. So any ideas of how to get me passed the gosh darn emissions and FINALLY get a sticker. thanks tiffany

oh and did find some vent shades to go on the windows am excited about that.
Attachments
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG (12.92 KiB) Viewed 6190 times

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: high emissions

Post by spiffyguido »

Emission problems are tough, but you can work through them.

For starters, make sure that you work through any error codes that the engine is throwing. When there are error codes there is often different fuel quantities being delivered by the ECU, and the emissions may suffer.

Make sure that you have a functioning catalytic converter. It helps to remove some of the nastyness from exhaust fumes.

Make sure that you've run some injector cleaner through the car. Dirty injectors dribble fuel when they're not supposed to, and so your car won't be running as cleanly as it should.

If you car is tested on rollers and revved up with the wheels spinning, be sure to pump your tire pressure up nice and high, and run small wheels. I know you have stock wheels on your car, so the size of them should be fine, but if you are getting rolling resistance from poorly inflated tires, your emissions will suffer.

Change your spark plugs. PreludeDriver.com has a video that details how to do this in the videos section. It's very easy.

ludelover91
Lude Dude

Post by ludelover91 »

ok well FINALLY got my inspection stickers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Intake valve was leaking and once again timing was off. but now gotta get the CAT done soon? The guy didnt really say when 'SOON" was or is but happy to finally have gotten stickers.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Congrats. Glad your car is on the road!