Auto to manual conversions

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

emphaticitalic
Prelude Enthusiast

Auto to manual conversions

Post by emphaticitalic »

Hi,

Right now I looking for a 3rd gen Prelude. At the moment, for the first time ever, I have found a '90 Prelude for sale in my local area in the newspaper (as opposed to ads online) - 93,000kms/(58,000miles(?)) - incredible! The lowest I have seen on a 3rd gen Prelude. It is gold 2.0 Si with 4WS and no spoiler - a perfect combination of my preferences, B20A6. But it is AUTO!! ARGH!!!
So frustrating.

I put the guy's number in my phone and that made me feel better, I haven't contacted him yet about service history, what has been replaced on it, and if it has been well cared for

Even if I got it, I would probably still need a cheap manual Prelude for parts to do a conversion, right?

I found it in the paper on last Thursday. It is now Tuesday and I'm amazed no one has scooped it up yet!

A manual transmission is a must. I have seriously considered deals on auto 3rd gen Preludes before and passed them up because I didn't want to compromise on my desire for a manual. I will wait get a manual Prelude no matter what.

Just thought I'd share.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Auto to manual conversions

Post by spiffyguido »

You'd need to be able to source the parts for the manual conversion from somewhere. If there is a wrecker near where you live, it might be able to provide the parts that you need. Some people do opt to buy a whole car as it gaurentees you get all the parts you'll need.