Hello everybody

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

lewdap
Prelude Enthusiast

Hello everybody

Post by lewdap »

Hey everybody!

I'm totally new to Hondas, never owned one.
I've tinkered with a couple in the past, but never taken any apart. I am familiar with taking cars apart (and getting them back together!), but up until now it has been German, British or American.

I'm interested in getting a 2nd or 3rd gen Prelude (or two) on the cheap. I think maybe the best way to get a reliable one is to buy a BROKEN one (or two) and fix it (put them together).

I have the ability and equipment to do this, but, of course, NO HONDA EXPERIENCE.

Now, I will not jump in and ask you to solve all my problems, I'm not new to the online forum environment. I will search FAQs and past threads, and I will research what I can, and I will try to be thorough. But I'm sure I will have some questions along the way. If I ask a stupid one, I know I'll be notified.

SO!
I'll be seeing you around.

-Andrew

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Hello everybody

Post by spiffyguido »

Andrew,

Welcome to the forums! And congrats on your decision to buy a 2nd or 3rd gen....you're going to love your Honda.

No stupid questions here. There is a lot of information already on this board that you can search through if you like, but don't be afraid to ask anything at all. We help people new to Preludes and Honda ownership all the time.

Cheers!

MikeKnight
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: Gen 3 2.0 EX AUTO

Re: Hello everybody

Post by MikeKnight »

Hi Andrew!

I'd never owned a Honda before purchasing my 3rd Gen 2.0 EX AUTO and I'm absolutely loving it. I did have some teething problems but those were mainly due to the complete lack of maintenance by the previous owner.

The only downside I've found is that the parts can be very difficult to get hold of, at least in the UK. I hear it's a bit easier in the US as these cars were made for the US and Asian markets originally (the UK version is quite rare!) so parts are easier to get over there. I had to order a few gaskets from America as there were none whatsoever in the whole of Europe for the part I needed.