OEM Honda Parts

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

ns_wrestler130
Lude Dude

OEM Honda Parts

Post by ns_wrestler130 »

Looking around I am having trouble finding a website that still carries OEM rings for the b21a1. I do not want to use an aftermarket set, and I just checked majestic honda and they do not seem to carry them anymore. Can anyone point me to a site that still carries them, or are we finally out of luck for these parts. Thanks in advance for your response.

Shawn

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: OEM Honda Parts

Post by spiffyguido »

I checked a few sites and they all list that as a discontinued part.

I appreciate your desire to get some OEM Honda parts. Best bet at this point is to try phoning some of the larger dealers to see if they have some left over in their parts stock.

ns_wrestler130
Lude Dude

Post by ns_wrestler130 »

Already tried that for around the area but thank you for the response. Since I can not find OEM I am opting for using the kit recommended by ths machine shop doing the block work for me. They are well known in the area for doing great work on Hondaand are familiar with the fmr cylinders. They have had good results with building several b21a1 before. I'll keep everyone updated on the build progress, it'll be a little though as the machine shop is backed up about three Weeks and I am pulling the motor tonight. Thank you for the help.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

The other thing to try would be to research if any of the other Honda engines used a similar ring. It may just be a question of finding an engine with a similar bore. B21A1 bore is 83mm. The B20A5 and most of the B series engines I can think of use a 81mm bore. F22 is 85mm. There might be something out there. It's a long shot, but a thought none the less.