Itermediate shaft bracket

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

karenprelude
Prelude Enthusiast

Itermediate shaft bracket

Post by karenprelude »

I'm in the process of replacing my clutch (1988 4ws EFI). I've removed the left and right drive shafts. My manual says to remove the three bolts fastening the intermediate shaft bearing housing to the block and then remove the intermediate shaft (after a little prying, of course). Problem is that there is a bracket covering the shaft bearing housing flanges that runs up to the bottom of the driver's side motor mount where it bolts to the mount with 2 bolts. The bracket continues upward a few more inches where it bolts onto the block/head (not sure which). It is impossible to get the intermediate shaft out without first removing the bracket.

This bracket is not mentioned or shown in any of my manuals and is going to be a bear to get out.
What in thunder is this?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Itermediate shaft bracket

Post by spiffyguido »

Hmm....I don't recall running into this when I did mine.

The steps required are talked about on page 10-6 of the 1988 service manual (see manuals section above). Perhaps that might help.

Would it be possible to get some pictures of what you're up against so that we can see the bracket configuration. That might help us provide some tips.