Reverse lights

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

waffletoast
Prelude Enthusiast

Reverse lights

Post by waffletoast »

Well, the reverse lights just don't go on when it is in reverse. The bulbs are good and the car is stick. I was thinking it could be the switch, does that sound right or do you have any other suggestions?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Reverse lights

Post by spiffyguido »

Yeah, the switch is probably the cause.

waffletoast
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by waffletoast »

Where exactly is the switch located?

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Not the most familiar with 3rd gens -- but I believe it is on the top of your transmission. Download the manual (top of the page under manuals, click, scroll down to 3rd gen, first manual option) and look through. Section 7 has the info on the transaxle. Page through it to the piece on back up light switch, then in Section 16 you will find the schematic for the back up lights and how to test if they're working or not.

Look on your transmission, top or bottom, it will be the ONLY two electrical wires coming out of the transmission. I've included the cut image of the switch from Section 7 in the manual and where on the trans you can look to find it. Dig through the manual and see what you can learn, but if you get stuck, come back, we're always here to help out when needed.

(assuming yours is a manual trans but I don't think it matters in regard to the switch location or use)
Image1.jpg