valves

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

3rdgensi
Lude Dude

valves

Post by 3rdgensi »

what valves will fit in a b21 head...is it only b21 valves because i have multiple bent valves but i also have a b20 head and im not sure if those valves will fit in the b21 head?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: valves

Post by spiffyguido »

The part numbers for the intake valves match, according to the parts list at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com.

The part numbers for the exhaust seem to differ though. This doesn't always mean that they are actually different, but more investigation is merited.

As you know, the B21A1 is really just a bored out B20A5, mechanically speaking. The exhaust track on a B21A1 is different than a B20A5, so it is possible that they adjusted the exhaust valves as well. Not sure.

3rdgensi
Lude Dude

Post by 3rdgensi »

well i took the head off and found out that the intake valves are the same but the exhaust valves are different in size. So back to my car not starting, the valves arent bent so now the problem could be deeper. Can you do ignition timing on a b21a1

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

The ignition timing is pretty simple, but you first have to make sure that the timing belt is properly positioned. The service manual shows you how to align the timing belt.

Give the following thread a read for more information about timing:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4864