a bit o bad luck

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

91darkness
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 3rd gen 91 Si ALB

a bit o bad luck

Post by 91darkness »

I dont know if anyone has heard of bad things happening in three's, but i got a $237 ticket coming out of my neighborhood. I still have my points, but the court date is next week! They usually give you a month before you go to court. Today i got in an accident with the Lude!!!!!!!! Traffic and rain did not help the situation.
I will need a hood, Lt fender, Lt headlight housing and some body work to the left front frame. Im blessed that the car still works and my radiator did not crack. Looks like ill be driving it like this for a while, because i just dont have the money to fix it at the moment. ill post a pic tomorrow.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: a bit o bad luck

Post by spiffyguido »

That's rotten news! So sad to hear about this, but I'm glad to hear that all is repairable.

Be sure to keep us updated with pics and a breakdown of what happened. It won't be hard to find a hood, nor a headlight housing. A good fender will be the hardest to find.

We're all sad for you!

91darkness
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 3rd gen 91 Si ALB

Post by 91darkness »

I dont know when ill be fixing all this, but one day it will happen. Right now i have a salvaged headlight and motor. I cannot put the motor in because the headlight will not close because of the bent frame. Its being held up by an old license plate lol.
Attachments
Driver side frame, that holds the radiator is bent toward the power power steering.
Driver side frame, that holds the radiator is bent toward the power power steering.
previous bondo cracked, and dents w/cracks by headlight. I tried to straighten hood a little.
previous bondo cracked, and dents w/cracks by headlight. I tried to straighten hood a little.
i rolled the front fender back out to make it a little more presentable. As you can see the hood is not flush anymore.
i rolled the front fender back out to make it a little more presentable. As you can see the hood is not flush anymore.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

That sucks -- sorry that it happened. Hey, we all understand not getting it done right away, especially with the economy and costs being what they are these days....... trust me.

Like your clever use of the license plate though! Gets the job done, right?

Hope you can get her back in shape and looking new soon. But at least she still runs, and even a bent Prelude is better than no Prelude at all! You could be driving a Neon or something even worse!! lol :wink:

Good luck man!

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Glad that you're starting to get things straightened out. You'll get it fixed. Overall things don't look too bad. I know your stuff is a little bent up a bit, but with some creative bending and a few new parts from a wrecker you'll have it looking good again.

Keep your eyes on ebay and the wrecker for parts. Good fenders do come along every once and while, and they're really easy to put on.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

And speaking of "wreckers" as those funny Canadians call them (we call em junk yards down here in the south, and we call the wrecker to come get our car and tow us home when it breaks down on the road) there is a Pull-A-Part in Charlotte and they have an 89, 90 and 91 on their lot. According to inventory they've been there since the end of last year, not sure how many integral body parts would be left on either, but it might be worth the dollar to walk their yard and see.