seat belt alarm;

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

bruddap
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: 1989 Prelude

seat belt alarm;

Post by bruddap »

Hey, I have a little question; does anybody know how to disable the seat belt alarm?
When a passenger gets in while car is running it won't stop beeping until I turn off the engine.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: seat belt alarm;

Post by spiffyguido »

When a passenger gets in? Meaning when they just sit in the seat or once they've buckled up?

That circuit probable shares a fuse with other things so disabling it might be more a matter of just pulling the plug on the sensor.

bruddap
Lude Dude

Post by bruddap »

When they buckle up it still beeps. Really annoying.
I have to turn off the ignition then start up again. I then get the regular 5 beeps and it stops.
I've tried unbuckling and rebuckling both driver and passenger seat belts to no avail.
Thanks for the reply :)
Last edited by bruddap on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

My memory is foggy of the area because it's been a long time since I've had one of my seats out, but I believe it is possible to just unplug the sensor. This should fix your problem. You may have to dig for the wire a bit, but it will be there.

I had a quick look in the manual, but unfortunately the page with the wiring diagram for the seat belt reminder isn't included in the PDF that we have.

91darkness
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 3rd gen 91 Si ALB

Post by 91darkness »

I recently got rid of my alarm because of the same reason. I needed to replace the housing attached to the roof and in front of the mirror. (the housing is very brittle). It locks in with plastic tabs in the front and back. It will be hard not to break them trying to get the housing off. Once its off unscrew the roof mounting plate and disconnect the alarm. If you would like to keep the sensor and have the seat belt indicator lights still show on the housing i would just remove the inside of the alarm speaker.

If not this round-a-bout way just unplug the sensor lol.

bruddap
Lude Dude

Post by bruddap »

Thank you so much for your information.
I'm not so handy so I'll prolly get my mechanic to do it. He's not a bad guy and won't charge me a lot. :)
Thanks again!