3rd Gen Shell

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Mikesw40
Prelude Enthusiast

3rd Gen Shell

Post by Mikesw40 »

Does anyone have a 3rd gen prelude shell that would sell. I need a shell, this old person ran into my front end and bent my frame. Dumb bit** was lookin at a yard sale and hit me. The engine is fine and runs amazing. 3rd gen shells are getting harder and harder to find now. Wondering if anyone had one that is in United States, state: Pennsylvania.

Thanks Mike

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 1996 Honda Prelude S

Re: 3rd Gen Shell

Post by S-LudeDan »

Is their insurance company paying for the damages? Get an estimate from the body shop. Take the money and buy a 3rd gen on ebay. You can get one that's not running for very cheap. Part it out and use the shell. swap in any newer parts into your lude and sell the rest. All in all you win either way and can make an extra buck as well. But that's only if their insurance company is covering the damages. let us know.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

+1 for S-LudeDan's idea.

Otherwise, you have to start hunting the wreckers for decent parts.

Mikesw40
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by Mikesw40 »

Yea insurance wants to give me 2400 for the car because they totaled it. Fixing the frame is the most expensive part of the repair. 1000 dollars just to put it on the machine.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

I smashed into a deer on the highway and had a lude written off, so I feel your pain. In my case it made most sense to buy the car back from the insurance company and use the payout to repair it. Sine your frame damage will be pricey to repair you may be better off to just take the money and start searching for a new lude. So sorry to hear the way this is panning out for you.