Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Lude914ws
Prelude Enthusiast

4ws steering rack and pinion (Power steering does not go bac

Post by Lude914ws »

hi,

im new here and i love honda prelude ;D

anyway guys, pls help me on my problem. I have Honda prelude 1991 Si 4WS right handed driver.

Here's the problem,i just found out that the steering wheel not return to center after turning while running but it only occurs when i turn it to right side. The left side is ok,the steering kinda have its force to return back itself to the center.

I think its something to do with the steering gear box or the worst is the steering rack and pinion is damage..

Please give your thoughts

Thanks
Cheers

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: 4ws steering rack and pinion (Power steering does not go

Post by spiffyguido »

Is it harder to steer the car one direction? It sounds like the movement of our steering rack may be limited in one direction.

Lude914ws
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by Lude914ws »

Yes.it does compare to the left side..i changed new tie rod ends and lower ball joints but the problem unsolved

Lude914ws
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by Lude914ws »

i just read some articles..it could be caster problem..

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

I thought about caster as well. Your car just may be in bad need of a 3-way wheel alignment. Has this been done? Has the suspension been modified?

Lude914ws
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by Lude914ws »

Yeah~~it was badly lowered by the previous owner~~They changed this and that without proper specification~~now im trying to restore it back to normal~~i should bring it to shop to have good alignment before that im trying to get the original coil spring for the rear suspension..which the current now is a not the original one.. so my question, do we have same size coil spring for front and rear? or the rear one is more bigger? Please help me on this

Thanks

Cheers

Lude914ws
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by Lude914ws »

anyway what is 3 way wheel alignment?i never heard about it

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

The springs in the rear of the Prelude are the same size dimensionally as I recall, but the stiffness and spring rate of them is probably different. There are probably fewer coils per inch on the rear.

When I referred to a 3-way alignment I was referring to an alignment that not only checks the wheel toe, but also the camber and caster.

my1sthonda
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by my1sthonda »

hi,
Im new to the prelude club loved my 1990 2.0 4 wheel steering until one day it was hard to turn ten started turning left by itself . Now when I start it the wheel
goes by itself to the lft and near impossible to turn right I read there is a fuse that I can pull and see if a sensor resets . How to I post a Question
my1st honda
Lude914ws wrote:
im new here and i love honda prelude ;D

anyway guys, pls help me on my problem. I have Honda prelude 1991 Si 4WS right handed driver.

Here's the problem,i just found out that the steering wheel not return to center after turning while running but it only occurs when i turn it to right side. The left side is ok,the steering kinda have its force to return back itself to the center.

I think its something to do with the steering gear box or the worst is the steering rack and pinion is damage..

Please give your thoughts

Thanks
Cheers

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Does this only happen when the car is moving, or when the car is sitting still as well?