New the forum !

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Azriel
Prelude Enthusiast

New the forum !

Post by Azriel »

After waiting 11 years to get my 89 Prelude 2.0si b20a5 5 speed 4ws I love her dearly but....... She won't pass state emissions here in Texas I have as of today replaced the egr, pcv, both o2's , spark plugs and wires, valve cover gasket, and the cat still run outrageous high nox my states limits @ 25mph are 1313 I am running at 3266 for 15mph the limit is 1438 running at 2182 I have also ran injector cleaner and replaced the speedo cable was told by a friend that the emissions controls were variant by the speed ( think he is full of it ) but it stopped working anyways ANY Help would be awesome thanks in advance :mrgreen:

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: New the forum !

Post by spiffyguido »

First off, is your engine throwing any error codes? These are often an important first clue into what is wrong.

Here's how to check:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=706

Azriel
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by Azriel »

It was throwing a code 17 till I replaced the cable but I passed my emissions today so now the real work is to begin..... She has some loud valve chatter so I am looking at tightening them up replacing the high pressure a/c line slight touch up paint for the hood possibly bondo the back passenger clip under the window there is a rusted out hole there cost 1k to cut out and weld replacement metal with paint so thinking fiber glass or bondo is my best option... Going to replace the cluster as soon as I find one as the speedo is now working intermittently but the odo does work my lower fog lights don't work and the car is 3 degrees outta timing , and my windshield wiper fluid doesn't work so although the list is copious :P it's well worth it to me also looking for some y-49 touch up paint so as I make my progress I will post pics and let every one know how it goes as I learn more I will be able to help other luders as well

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Please keep us updated on your progress. And we always love to see pictures.

Regarding the valve chatter, be sure to check out our youtube video that details the procedure to do a valve adjustment (see videos section)