changing hoses

Third Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Zack Prelude91
Lude Dude

changing hoses

Post by Zack Prelude91 »

hello,

i would like to get some advise on changing the old hoses in the engine. Since my lude is a bit old and experienced leaking hoses such as power steering hose, coolant hose and brake hose..what else should i change?any suggestion?

Thanks

Cheers
Ariffin

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: changing hoses

Post by spiffyguido »

Making sure your brake lines are in good shape is a top priority item. Having a brake line fail is a great way to end your life early and take some innocents with you. If you have any doubt about your brake lines, CHANGE THEM NOW, and don't drive the car until you do.

Otherwise, keeping the power steering hose and coolant hoses in top form is just good housekeeping. Coolant hoses are probably worth changing first, as they quite often fail rather suddenly, leaving your car puking coolant all over the road and you potentially stranded.

As for the power steering hose, just check it for leaks, and replace as needed. You're not going to be stranded anywhere if your power steering hose starts leaking a bit.

Zack Prelude91
Lude Dude

Post by Zack Prelude91 »

i agree with u~~i will get a new brake line

91darkness
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 3rd gen 91 Si ALB

Post by 91darkness »

I went with a high quality, high performance hoses by gates racing. I got the radiator hose kit.