f22a running h23 parts

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Daluz
Lude Dude

f22a running h23 parts

Post by Daluz »

so i have a 92' lude s and it has the f22a block, i was told that using the h23 intake mani helps and same with changing the heads so its running dohc. if i do this what else would i need to do? and what else would go good with this combo?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: f22a running h23 parts

Post by spiffyguido »

I know people have done this, but I'm not sure how much modification is required to make it work. There's a lot written out on the web about this topic. People often refer to them as a 'G22' engine or 'G23'. The H23 head does fit on the F22 block, but I believe there's some wizardry required for the oil lines and head bolts....something like that.

Have you ever thought of swapping in a whole H22 so that you can get VTEC?

Daluz
Lude Dude

Re: f22a running h23 parts

Post by Daluz »

yeah true im gunna have to do some more surfing, i did some and most of it wasnt really specific at all, and yeah i have considered putting in the h22 cause im already rnning the headers and the tranny fits, but i would have to regear, i found some for 800$ pluss shipping with only 15k miles, but i would need an engine lift and i would need to look a ot more into the car and remember stuff to do the conversion