Exhaust manifold gaskett!

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

flyinhawaiian93
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: '92 Si

Exhaust manifold gaskett!

Post by flyinhawaiian93 »

Ok so another simple question. my headers gasket has a leak, more like its completely blown. so once i get the headers off. and the new gasket put back on. isnt there supposed to be a certain pattern to go in when tightening them? and if anyone knows, the lbs theyre supposed to be tightened to. and i hit a cinder block too, which screwed up my axle from what my bud told me. but on the honda parts catalouge the closest thing i can find to it is the right driveshaft. sooo is the axle and driveshaft one in the same? or am i missing something?

so if someone would lend me some help itd be greatly appreiciatedd. thankss

and we need more peoples preludes up on facebook too!

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Exhaust manifold gaskett!

Post by spiffyguido »

Torque for the gasket nuts is 23 ft-lbs. Honda doesn't say anything about a tightening order, but I would do the nuts in stages so that something doesn't end up crooked.

Install the manifold, finger tight the nuts, check for alignment, snug the nuts, check alignment again, then full torque them. Just be careful the manifold doesn't get hung up on a thread and you should be fine.

Driveshaft = axle.

The system is very well document in chapter 16 of the 1992 Honda Prelude shop manual. Have a look there to be sure you get the right part. Those axles are thick, you must have hit something pretty hard to knacker yours up.

flyinhawaiian93
Lude Dude
Prelude Model: '92 Si

Re: Exhaust manifold gaskett!

Post by flyinhawaiian93 »

Okk thanks spiffy! so ill get to that this weekend! and thank you again i was looking and i was like ok? but i need to order it soon. yeah i was driving down the road and someone was nice enough to leave a bunch of broken cinder blocks in the road and i couldnt slow down fast enough. so thats how that happened. i was pretty pissed. but thanks again! :D