apexi vtec controller

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

jacedub
Prelude Enthusiast

apexi vtec controller

Post by jacedub »

hey there i have a couple questions about installing a vtec contoller in my 92 prelude h22a rhd auto 76000 km im pretty sure the car is all stock, i am new to the tuner world and am looking for some insight on if putting this v tech controller in will do any harm to my engine? I am trying to get a wiring diagram together that makes sense to me.

1.) I am wondering if there is any harm done to the engine if i had its set anywere from 48-5100rpm ?

2.)if anyone would happen to have a simplified diagram or know any place in calgary that would install it.
(i am new to the city as well)

3.) What sort of settings should i have for the fuel and throttle postion feature

any helpf would be greatly appriciated thanks

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: apexi vtec controller

Post by spiffyguido »

I don't know much about that controller, so I don't have any information for you on the fuel and throttle settings.

The rpm range you specific should be safe...you're still well under the red-line there.

I did a search of the forum, and the only other time an Apexi product has come up is here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=313

It's an old thread, and I'm not sure it even has to do with the same product.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Regarding your 2nd question:

Autozeal has a pretty decent reputation in Calgary from what I've heard, and the people there know about Preludes.

jacedub
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by jacedub »

okay sounds good thank you for the help i was looking aroiund the threads to see if i could find it or not but i had just browseds quickly