can anyone help

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

gusgo
Prelude Enthusiast

can anyone help

Post by gusgo »

hi all

my name is gusgo and this is my first post and before i get to my problem i would like to say hello to everyone and thanx in advance for your help.

i have a 94 2.2 vtec 4ws prelude and i have a couple of issues, the odometer has stopped at 72999 a friend of mine said this happened to his but just lived with it but my speedo has also stopped working and i have no vtec, also my 4ws stops working a couple of mins driving down the road but if i switch ignition off and turn on again it works untill you go down the road for a couple of mins. ive tryed changing the clocks and the vss and ive tryed reseting the ecm.
has anyone else had this problem with the odometer stopped at 72999 and if so did you fix it and if you did how?

cheers
gusgo

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: can anyone help

Post by spiffyguido »

It sounds to me like your vehicle speed sensor isn't working as it should. This will impact VTEC, the speedometer, and may even be the reason your 4WS isn't working.

It may need to be replaced, but before you do, I'd check to make sure the wires to it are all in good shape. Your VSS is bolted to the top side of your transmission housing. It should look like a small housing with some wires coming out of it. To see the exact location, and for information on testing the sensor, I suggest you review the manuals available in the 'manuals' section above.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Re: can anyone help

Post by RedRacer »

You say you have changed the VSS. How so? With a completely different or new part or just taking it apart and grinding the conducting rod and conducting disc surface?

Are you getting any kind of codes on the dash from ECU?