acc belt tensioner

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

hdtower2
Prelude Enthusiast

acc belt tensioner

Post by hdtower2 »

hi everyone,i am the father of a very proud prelude owner.its a 1991 fuel injected model.2.0 the acc belt tensioner pulley(p/s belt tensioner)fell off. i have the new one but it looks like im missing a spacer. am i???it doesnt fit tight on the shaft.i wouldve thought that wouldve come with it but apparently not.any help and possibly p/n would be appreciated.tony c.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: acc belt tensioner

Post by spiffyguido »

Have a look at the diagram in the link below and see if you have all the parts shown. There isn't much information on the PS idler pulley in the service manual, so I'm hoping this helps you:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... EED+SENSOR

hdtower2
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by hdtower2 »

thanks for the quick response! the diagram did help although ...of course..the part i am missing does not have a corresponding part number!!guess ill call honda. my nearest dealer is 100 miles away.illustration # 16

hdtower2
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by hdtower2 »

ok so i m wondering if anyone has any idea as to where i can locate the acc idler pulley collar. no one seems to have it.need all the help i can get. orig P/N is 56985-pk1-000.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Have you tried a wrecker?

hdtower2
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by hdtower2 »

found it!!im buying what seems is the only two in existence.one out of texas and one in hawaii !! thank you spiffy guido!!i really enjoy the posts on here so ill be back!!