Couple of things? Cel Code Check/ Central Locking

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

jpskiller
Prelude Enthusiast
Prelude Model: 2.3i Auto 1992

Couple of things? Cel Code Check/ Central Locking

Post by jpskiller »

I have noticed that the connector people talk about putting paper clip in to read error code's was not on mine.

today I stripped centre console out to try and fix heater issue, here is a picture of what I can see

I believe its the blue one for checking Cel Codes, but what is the white one for

on side note found issue with heater - the cable is not clamped on the back of the heater panel so it was moving the sleeve instead of cable, stripped it out and have clmped it down best I can, but looks like others have been in here and made a bit of a mess, bits of broken plastic here & there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Central locking has not worked since I got the car, I replaced the inner door handle today and noticed a big green box (is this central locking control) and part of the loom was unplugged from it, after I plugged it in and tried the door I can here it make a click but it dosent unlock or lock the other door.

also worth saying the keylock on the drivers door is stiff not smooth like the other door, and lock/unlock flap is same and also sometimes when try to open door drom inside have to pull handle a couple of time really hard before it will open

help pls

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Couple of things? Cel Code Check/ Central Locking

Post by spiffyguido »

Sounds like the problems with your locking system are mechanical in nature. I'd get into your door panel and get the whole setup running smooth and easy before you tackle the electrics. You'll just burn out your locking motor if the mechanics of the lock itself are all gooed up. A little lubrication can go a long way with locks. Get it running smooth as butter, then worry about seeing if you can get it to lock with the central system.

Judging from the picture provided here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14

Neither of those plugs look like the CEL plug, but either one could be. See if you can get some idea where they go. Remember that occasionally there are redundant plugs in cars for features that the model was not equipped for. This is quite evident when you review the wiring diagrams. If you can get some idea of where the plugs go, pop open the manuals and check the wiring diagram.