motor swap

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

prelude95
Lude Dude

motor swap

Post by prelude95 »

I read that the F22 B crank is stronger than the H22 crank and that it is a good combination for H22 on F22 crank, so I'm wondering if the F22 crank perfectly bolts on the H22 block? Any ideas? :?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: motor swap

Post by spiffyguido »

Interesting.

I seem to recall that the rod journals are a different size on those two cranks, but I could be wrong.

The stroke length of the F22 is for sure longer, which could cause problems because the piston will rise higher and may impact the valves. You're going to have to get all the specs of the new crank, and if it does fit, you're going to need to make sure that the measurements of the crank journals, rod journals, etc all line up as well. If your get that far, you're going to have to make sure that the length of your connecting rods and piston depths still work.

All said, I don't see why you would need a stronger crank than the H22 already has. All Honda cranks are widely reported to be good right up to 800hp in stock configuration. In other words, there's a lot of work to be done to the engine before your each the limits of the H22 crank.

If on the other hand you're hoping to use the F22 crank to get some more torque (due to the stroke length) then it's worth a look. Your torque curve will most certainly change though, and I predict your redline would dip slightly with such a change.

prelude95
Lude Dude

Re: motor swap

Post by prelude95 »

thanks that does make sence, its just i read it a few years ago n sence i have the motor i was just thinking about how hard it is.