After Market Air Intake!!

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

jpskiller
Prelude Enthusiast
Prelude Model: 2.3i Auto 1992

After Market Air Intake!!

Post by jpskiller »

Quick question, Ive never fitted one of these, seen a couple of different write up's, One where the air filter is sat on-top of the air intake hole, and another where the pipe goes through this hole and filter fitted underneith.

I would like to do the easiest with least damage so could swap back to orignal when needed, If I fit via filter on top of intake hole would said hole need to be modified in anyway, I was also at this moment not going to remove resonantor

Or am I just wasting my time fitting this to a non-vtec

Also does anyknow a good newbie guide with pics for this!

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: After Market Air Intake!!

Post by spiffyguido »

The goal of putting on an aftermarket intake should always be to try and source colder air than the stock system gets. This typically involves removing the resonator and piping air from low in the engine bay near the front.

The best advice I can give is to try and go with a quality setup. Reputable tuning companies like AEM make excellent cold air systems. It'll net you a few horsepower whether you have VTEC or not, so if it's something you'd like to do, go for it.

chopperfan
Prelude Enthusiast

Re: After Market Air Intake!!

Post by chopperfan »

i totally agree with spiffy, i use AEM that sits on the air hole, works great,looks great, took about 6 min. to install and gives a suggested 3 hp..... go for it