f22 manuel to f23 auto swap

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

prelude95
Lude Dude

f22 manuel to f23 auto swap

Post by prelude95 »

i have a 5speed f22a and i was wondering if i could swap the motor out and put in a 2.3l f23 motor off a automatic into my 5speed tranny with out much problem?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: f22 manuel to f23 auto swap

Post by spiffyguido »

To my knowledge, those blocks are the same. Everything should mate right up. You'll probably just need to swap the flywheel over from the manual engine to the auto.

One thing you will need to pay attention to though is the wiring. Make sure that both engines are the same OBD generation. They're probably both OBD2, but you're going to need to be sure.

Since you're keeping the manual tranny, the wiring is pretty simple, as there won't be many wires to account for. Your primary area of concern is whether or not the engine will wire up to your existing ECU and wiring harness. If the wire harness wires up, and you can swap the ECU (or they might be the same anyway) all will work out.

Good list of ECUs here: http://wikitest.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/vie ... itionCodes

Which F23 engine is it?

prelude95
Lude Dude

Post by prelude95 »

thanks for the response and the list. the engine is a sohc 2.3l v-tech off a 2000 accord. my lil sisterinlaw total it out from the rear n its just sitting her. and my prelude has over 260000miles on it, i could feel its geting weak n not going good. so i wanna do the swap fast if i can.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

It'll be a good swap. The Accord engine is probably OBD2. Since you have the car there, just go and look at the plugs and check the ECU codes. They might even be the same ECU.

prelude95
Lude Dude

Post by prelude95 »

THANKS FOR THE FAST RESPONSE. sorry iv been slow on responding, work and a busy schedule. ill look tomorrow morning.

prelude95
Lude Dude

Post by prelude95 »

yea the f23a1 is an obd2, so that looks like i would have to change out too much, in that case ill just wait to do the h22 swap. well thanks for the help