ac fan stays on

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

jymjon
Prelude Enthusiast

ac fan stays on

Post by jymjon »

My 94 si ac fan stays on and will not turn off after shutdown. I fell it is a timer someplace , but I can not locate it on my model. Can I I get the location and discription of this part that I think is causing my problem? But if you think it is something different , my ears are on. Thanks

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: ac fan stays on

Post by spiffyguido »

Are you positive it is the AC fan and not the radiator fan? Which side of the engine is it?

jymjon
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by jymjon »

Positive! Pulled fused for ac fan . Now running only on one fan. When the weather heats up , I'm in trouble.

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

It's gotta be an electrical problem, either a wire or sensor. A bad sensor should deactivate when the car is shut off, but you said the fan stays on. Perhaps there's a short in the wiring?

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

How long have you left the fan running to see if it indeed won't shut off? The sensor can technically keep it running for almost half an hour. Is it to the point of running so long it drains the battery?

jymjon
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by jymjon »

The condenser fan runs for 20 minutes after shutoff. But it comes on when engine is not hot. I think I need a new ect censor. But cannot locate the high range sensor at the auto parts stores.The rear sensor (Thermastat housing) and the front (water inlet housing) are not the same . and the latter turns on the condenser fan to help out with cooling whether or not ac is on. I would like to turn the stupid timer off!