Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

jpskiller
Prelude Enthusiast
Prelude Model: 2.3i Auto 1992

Picked up car today and a couple of issues

Post by jpskiller »

not sure where to post these.
car is 2.3i auto UK not import

1) Cig Lighter dosent seem to work, require for sat nav, this was fun got lost on way home after picking car up :oops:

2) heater seems to be only blowing hot - does not have A/C

3) Radio, only getting hissing sound out of rear speaker, ariel goes up and down, and radio seems to indicate it has signal
done a ecu reset (fixed 4ws for a while), radio requires a code now (dont have) will try new radio at weekend.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Picked up car today and a couple of issues

Post by spiffyguido »

You posted in the right place.

1) You'll have to check the wiring. The cig lighter system is pretty simple, so the problem must be electrical. I bet its just become disconnected somehow.

2) Does the A/C light flash when you try to turn it on? Can you get cool air (not ac) when you slide the temp selector to cold? Your temp selection slider might not be working. In the older models, these needed a vaccuum line from the engine to function. Not sure if this is still true with the 4th gens. Best advice I can give is to have a look in the manual (see manuals section above) and check the mechanical diagram for possible problem areas.

3) I believe you can get the radio code from Honda if it isn't in the car's documentation. The hissing noise is probably just the radio picking up 'noise' from the engine. You can check behind the radio to make sure the antenna plug is still plugged in.

jpskiller
Prelude Enthusiast
Prelude Model: 2.3i Auto 1992

Post by jpskiller »

Sorted Radio out, It as just faulty replaced and all works fine.

Had a feel around cant find any loose connectors on cig lighter (am I right in thinking it's the same fuse for radio and cig lighter)- does anyone know how do you remove it for further testing - fixed found a dodgy fuse, it's also fixed the alarm

only issue now is the heater dosent blow cold, and it dosent have AC on it, does anyone have a pictures of where I should be looking for pipe's / fuses etc.

cheers

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

The fuses for your car are either under the hood or in the driver's side fuse inside the cabin. A fuse for the heater/ac will likely be in the inside fuse box. I'd double check the wiring diagram to be sure though.

However, I'm feeling that this is more likely a mechanical problem of sorts with the HVAC system. I know people have had trouble before with this sort of thing. I think sometimes the air-mix cable or temp slider can start malfunctioning and need adjustment. That could be why you can't get any cold.

Here is a thread in which someone had similar issues:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=665

I'd definitely suggest checking out the section in the manual mentioned in the last post.

Sorry, but I don't have any pictures that will help you along. If you've checked the fuses, start studying the more mechanical aspects of the HVAC system. I bet your temperature slider isn't working.