Prelude BB4 H22a waterpump

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

danny0570
Prelude Enthusiast

Prelude BB4 H22a waterpump

Post by danny0570 »

Hi all,

Im a new member and new to this sort of thing so go easy on me! i have got a 4th gen bb4 prelude with a waterpump that is leaking and was wondering whether it is possible to change it out myself, is it a big job/complicated job? any special tools required? iv got a fairly good basic understanding of engines etc. is there a tutorial anywhere please?

Dan

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Prelude BB4 H22a waterpump

Post by spiffyguido »

It's not a super hard job, but it does require that you take the timing belt off. You have to pop the valve cover off, and the belt side engine covers. You'll probably have to some or all of the accessory belts. Once the timing belt cover is off, you can remove the timing belt. Be sure to mark its position on EVERY gear before you remove it. Then, change the water-pump and put everything back the way it was.

We can provide more details if you need. Don't worry about asking any question. We're very friendly with new people. You won't get flamed here.

danny0570
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by danny0570 »

Do you need any air tools? Im just trying to keep my prelude going as its such a good car. has anyone done a step by step guide in the past? dan

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Nope, you should be able to do it without any air tools.

I don't know of any writeups on how to do it.

prelude95
Lude Dude

Post by prelude95 »

hey, dont feel alone im new to this too, ans very glade that everyone here is nice a helpful. the job is not to hard as long as ur confident with reading the manuel. but if im thinking right, ull have to take all the belts of and make sure u put the motor on tdc (top dead center) b4 u start taking the timing belt off and know where ur marks are within the timing cover. im not sure if the waterpump on the h22 run off the same timming belt cause mine f22 does.