Fans

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Red2010_2008
Prelude Guide

Fans

Post by Red2010_2008 »

Hey The Other Day I noticed After I Shut My Car Off And The Fans Turned On, There Was A Very high Noise Coming From The Fans, It was A Squeeky Type Noise....What Could That Possibly Be? Plz Help! :( It Jus started Doin it like two days ago.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Fans

Post by spiffyguido »

Sounds to me like some of the bearings in the fan might be unhappy for some reason or another. See if you can figure which fan is making the noise, then wait till it shuts off and get in there to double check it's not all gooed up with some dirt or something. It might be just really dirty.

Red2010_2008
Prelude Guide

Post by Red2010_2008 »

how do i clean it? i think its the driver side fan, doesnt do it constantly, jus everyonce in a while after shutting off, then every now and then when im driving........:(

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

It won't be really easy as the fan motor is probably tightly encased. Just check the casing at the center of the fan blades for any obvious signs of grime. Clean it if you can. I don't think you'd be able to take it apart to do a deeper clean, although I'm not absolutely sure as I don't have direct experience with doing such a thing.