92 Prelude Si

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

H22A4
Lude Dude

92 Prelude Si

Post by H22A4 »

I was wondering if I could fit 5th Gen Vtec Tan leather interior pieces into my 92 Si. If somebody has a full interior picture of both gens with tan interior, could you please post it?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: 92 Prelude Si

Post by spiffyguido »

The seats would likely fit, but I doubt much else would. My gut tells me that the doors on a 5th gen are longer than the 4th gen, but I could be wrong. There may be a few pieces of center console that are interchangeable, but beyond that, I think it wouln't be a possible swap.

Isn't there a 4th gen tan leather interior as well?

H22A4
Lude Dude

Post by H22A4 »

Yeah, there is. It's so rare I don't even want to bother trying to find pieces...

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 1996 Honda Prelude S

Post by S-LudeDan »

I don't think everything would fit properly.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

It would be a real pain in the butt to do, as the molds, dimensions, etc. are not the same. Front seats would fit without any issue. The rest, you'd have a heck of a time in trying to do so.

You could just lay in wait for someone to scrap a 4th gen SE model.....that's the light tan leather you're referring to, I assume.

I've seen a few of the seats go up online for sale. Nothing recent though.

You'd be better off, at least in terms of frustration and effort, in just taking it to a customizer and having them do you a leather interior.

My 93 Accord didn't have leather as an option when I bought it new, so I took it to a customizer and had them finish the interior, panels, trim, etc. in leather. Looked way better than any factory leather I've seen in a Honda.

That car is still on the road today, being used as a daily driver, and the interior is still in perfect condition. Has held up really well.

H22A4
Lude Dude

Post by H22A4 »

RedRacer wrote:It would be a real pain in the butt to do, as the molds, dimensions, etc. are not the same. Front seats would fit without any issue. The rest, you'd have a heck of a time in trying to do so.

You could just lay in wait for someone to scrap a 4th gen SE model.....that's the light tan leather you're referring to, I assume.

I've seen a few of the seats go up online for sale. Nothing recent though.

You'd be better off, at least in terms of frustration and effort, in just taking it to a customizer and having them do you a leather interior.

My 93 Accord didn't have leather as an option when I bought it new, so I took it to a customizer and had them finish the interior, panels, trim, etc. in leather. Looked way better than any factory leather I've seen in a Honda.

That car is still on the road today, being used as a daily driver, and the interior is still in perfect condition. Has held up really well.
How much do you estimate it would be to do every piece?

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

It's not cheap, that's for sure.

I'd guess in today's market, if you did everything, door inserts, center console, front and rear seats,..... anywhere from $1500 to $2000.

Just the front seats, probably close to $1000, give or take.

Leather isn't cheap. And the workmanship to do the pieces, if it's high quality, comes at a cost.

There are some places out there that will actually sell you the cut leather, stitching tools and instructions and you can cover your seats yourself....... I don't know if Bartlett still sells that way or of Katzkins does or not.

http://www.katzkin.com/main.html

http://www.trimmasters.com < I'm guessing on that link....they may not be around anymore.

Check around online for do-it-yourself leather interior, or places that sell leather interior kits.

Call around in your local area and ask different shops how much they charge. Call 4 or 5 and go with the cheapest....but remember, cheap is as cheap does. You pay for cheap, you often get "cheap" too. Be frugal with your hard earned cash, but be smart too. Always remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

I wouldn't expect less than a thousand dollars on average for just seats, so the whole deal is going to be that plus half or even double.

H22A4
Lude Dude

Post by H22A4 »

RedRacer wrote:It's not cheap, that's for sure.

I'd guess in today's market, if you did everything, door inserts, center console, front and rear seats,..... anywhere from $1500 to $2000.

Just the front seats, probably close to $1000, give or take.

Leather isn't cheap. And the workmanship to do the pieces, if it's high quality, comes at a cost.

There are some places out there that will actually sell you the cut leather, stitching tools and instructions and you can cover your seats yourself....... I don't know if Bartlett still sells that way or of Katzkins does or not.

http://www.katzkin.com/main.html

http://www.trimmasters.com < I'm guessing on that link....they may not be around anymore.

Check around online for do-it-yourself leather interior, or places that sell leather interior kits.

Call around in your local area and ask different shops how much they charge. Call 4 or 5 and go with the cheapest....but remember, cheap is as cheap does. You pay for cheap, you often get "cheap" too. Be frugal with your hard earned cash, but be smart too. Always remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

I wouldn't expect less than a thousand dollars on average for just seats, so the whole deal is going to be that plus half or even double.
Goddamn, I think I'll just get piece by piece while I work on my car over the years. Thanks for the estimates though! You guys are really helpful when answering questions.

Know where I can get JDM one piece HL's for cheap?

prelude95
Lude Dude

Post by prelude95 »

this is an old post so im sure u got one sence, but ebay has some really good looking n cheap ones