S2K Steering Wheel

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

Red2010_2008
Prelude Guide

S2K Steering Wheel

Post by Red2010_2008 »

Will A S2K Steering Wheel Fit On A 4th Gen Prelude? Really Would Like To Get One! :D

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Re: S2K Steering Wheel

Post by RedRacer »

Pretty sure that it would bolt on without issue. Just have to remove the airbag assembly (done ONLY after you have disconnected the battery from the vehicle) and remove the bolt, wiggle the steering wheel off and put the new one on.

You're going to lose airbag function most likely, unless you're willing to jumper the wires and do some re-wiring because I don't think the connectors will interchange.

The thing is, it's next to impossible to find an AP1 or AP2 S2000 wheel. Most people really like them and keep them on their car.

If you're lucky enough you might find one on eBay if someone has replaced their original. But most likely, if you find one for sale anywhere, chances are it's probably stolen, because like I said, most people who have those wheels hang on to them.....OR if you find one easy and for a cheap price, it's probably an absolute counterfeit unit.

I'd say you could expect to pay upwards of 300 to 400 dollars or more if you found one for sale. Brand new from Honda the steering wheel itself is a little over 400 dollars and the airbag assembly is over 600 dollars.

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 1996 Honda Prelude S

Re: S2K Steering Wheel

Post by S-LudeDan »

yes. It's been done. I have seen somewhere online, the pics of it installed and other info about it. I personally don't like the way it looks inside a 4th gen interior. Just IMO.