Dome light, ignition light, chimes , and amp won't power on.

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

decreasingbrandon14
Prelude Enthusiast

Dome light, ignition light, chimes , and amp won't power on.

Post by decreasingbrandon14 »

I have a 92 Honda Prelude SI.. I recently installed an amp and subs in my car. It worked well for a week, and then stopped. It will no longer power on. Ok, here is what I did right before the issues occured.. I wanted to get the LED lights wired up. I read online that I could tap into the trunk light wires so that the LEDs would turn on when I open the trunk. So I went to my trunk and began looking for where to run the wires.. two wires on under the trunk door were taped with electrical tape so I wanted to why. I unraveled the tape thinking that the wires might have been spliced together by the previous owner. When I got the tape off, the wires were not open ( from what I could see). When I looked at my amp..I noticed a few wires (such as a speaker wire and the blue remote wire looked like they weren't fully secure. So I unscrewed the screws holding them in.. and this is where the hell began!!! I believe the remote wire touched the ground wire that was in the amp and it made a popping noise. I know I should of unplugged the negative battery terminal, but I'm stubborn and I was in a hurry.. (won't make that mistake again ha). Now the amp will not power on. Also, the dome light does not come on when I open the door, but it does work manually. The chimes don't sound when I open the door with my key still in the ignition, and my ignition light doesn't work anymore. I checked all of the fuse under the hood and in the kick panel with a multimeter and they're all good. I also checked the two fuses on my amp. I even bought and replaced the power wire fuse to my amp that's connected to the positive terminal on my battery. I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. So, if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Dome light, ignition light, chimes , and amp won't power

Post by spiffyguido »

I would have suspected a fuse, so be certain that all of yours are still good. When the remote wire touched the ground, you may have caused a short and excessively energized certain electrical components of your car.

You must have a problem with your door switch because it activates both the chime and the dome light. I'd wiggle it to see if that helps, but otherwise, I'd pull up the wiring diagram and confirm for certain that the fuse hasn't been blown.

Double-check your wiring as well. Isolate the amp for the moment to take it out of the equation and see if you can get your stereo to at least power up on its own. Be sure to check for a fuse in your head unit as well.

Irbbel
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by Irbbel »

decreasingbrandon14 wrote:I have a 92 Honda Prelude SI.. I recently installed an amp and subs in my car. It worked well for a week, and then stopped. It will no longer power on. Ok, here is what I did right before the issues occured.. I wanted to get the led lights wired up. I read online that I could tap into the trunk light wires so that the LEDs would turn on when I open the trunk. So I went to my trunk and began looking for where to run the wires.. two wires on under the trunk door were taped with electrical tape so I wanted to why. I unraveled the tape thinking that the wires might have been spliced together by the previous owner. When I got the tape off, the wires were not open ( from what I could see). When I looked at my amp..I noticed a few wires (such as a speaker wire and the blue remote wire looked like they weren't fully secure. So I unscrewed the screws holding them in.. and this is where the hell began!!! I believe the remote wire touched the ground wire that was in the amp and it made a popping noise. I know I should of unplugged the negative battery terminal, but I'm stubborn and I was in a hurry.. (won't make that mistake again ha). Now the amp will not power on. Also, the dome light does not come on when I open the door, but it does work manually. The chimes don't sound when I open the door with my key still in the ignition, and my ignition light doesn't work anymore. I checked all of the fuse under the hood and in the kick panel with a multimeter and they're all good. I also checked the two fuses on my amp. I even bought and replaced the power wire fuse to my amp that's connected to the positive terminal on my battery. I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. So, if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Even I am looking for some LED lights if you find right answer please share it

EduardoSullivan
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by EduardoSullivan »

decreasingbrandon14 wrote:I have a 92 Honda Prelude SI.. I recently installed an amp and subs in my car. It worked well for a week, and then stopped. It will no longer power on. Ok, here is what I did right before the issues occured.. I wanted to get the led lighting wired up. I read online that I could tap into the trunk light wires so that the LEDs would turn on when I open the trunk. So I went to my trunk and began looking for where to run the wires.. two wires on under the trunk door were taped with electrical tape so I wanted to why. I unraveled the tape thinking that the wires might have been spliced together by the previous owner. When I got the tape off, the wires were not open ( from what I could see). When I looked at my amp..I noticed a few wires (such as a speaker wire and the blue remote wire looked like they weren't fully secure. So I unscrewed the screws holding them in.. and this is where the hell began!!! I believe the remote wire touched the ground wire that was in the amp and it made a popping noise. I know I should of unplugged the negative battery terminal, but I'm stubborn and I was in a hurry.. (won't make that mistake again ha). Now the amp will not power on. Also, the dome light does not come on when I open the door, but it does work manually. The chimes don't sound when I open the door with my key still in the ignition, and my ignition light doesn't work anymore. I checked all of the fuse under the hood and in the kick panel with a multimeter and they're all good. I also checked the two fuses on my amp. I even bought and replaced the power wire fuse to my amp that's connected to the positive terminal on my battery. I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. So, if anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.
Were you able to sort out the problem? I am facing similar issue so can you please help me?Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)