Considering dropping vehicle about an inch

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

sosaprelude93
Lude Dude

Considering dropping vehicle about an inch

Post by sosaprelude93 »

Hello fellow prelude drivers 4th Gen
I have a prelude of course and I was wondering if lowering the vehicle with proper lowering system can effect the performance of the vehicle . Also may this cause any problems to the suspension or chasis of the car.

Also would you guys reccomend not lowering the lude

Eat sleep Honda prelude 8)

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Considering dropping vehicle about an inch

Post by spiffyguido »

Rather than just focusing on lowering the car, I would focus on getting a good quality suspension system installed. The stock system is pretty good, but if you want to increase the cornering stability further, a quality set of harder springs and struts can do wonders. Usually such suspension kits will lower the car slightly (0.5 to 1 inch) but most importantly they stiffen everything up so that your car can corner better.

There is a point where lowering a car can become impractical, but this would normally only be the case if the drop is more than 2 inches or so. At that stage it just becomes a pain to go in and out of parking lots, you scrape your bumper on everything and you risk tearing chunks off the bottom of your car on all but the smoothest roads.

There are lots of quality kits available for a 4th gen prelude that will help you in the corners a great deal. Tokico makes great struts and sprints. I believe Koni still makes a kit for the 4th gen as well. If you're willing to spend some good coin, HotBits also makes great stuff.

sosaprelude93
Lude Dude

Re: Considering dropping vehicle about an inch

Post by sosaprelude93 »

thanks allot spiff i checked the tokiko kits and they seem to be right under the budget i was looking for. Great help my friend cant wait till my vehicle is in prestige conditions i will have many people in this forum to thank including your self really appreciate the insight
thanks again sosaprelude93
EAT SLEEP HONDA PRELUDE 93