my lude warms up quick normal????

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

randyuo3
Prelude Enthusiast

my lude warms up quick normal????

Post by randyuo3 »

well i jump in my lude w.o letting it warm up and its already warm when i get down the street is this normal???

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: my lude warms up quick normal????

Post by spiffyguido »

Not unless the street is really really long.

Do you have a problem with overheating ever? Have you checked the water level in your radiator?

randyuo3
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by randyuo3 »

ya its fine and it overheated once when my radiator fan broke and the other morning when i was driving home from the lake it heated up then i restarted it and it went back down

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

When you say warming up, what position are we talking about on the display? Assuming you've still got the electronic temp and fuel gauges, right?

Is it reaching two lighted segments really quickly, or all the way to the halfway point? Or are you going beyond the halfway?

On a warm day, I hit the second bar in a couple of miles. Mine used to run at the halfway point once warm, and never beyond. Then after some engine work, it started running cooler. Now it will hit the half mark, the fan kicks in and runs it down and it drops back to the second bar.

When it overheated, did you replace the thermostat? Are you sure that the cooling fan is working still?

Could be low coolant, bad thermostat, or the cooling fan has failed again.