Engine choke

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

elpachio
Lude Dude

Engine choke

Post by elpachio »

Hi everyone, I need some expert opinion!!

I have a '95 Lude, and recently it has started doing this thing where the engine feels like it's choking, or struggling for a few seconds, especially when I am coasting in gear, and then go to accelerate, or the engine is braking naturally and then I press the gas.....it's like it is about to kangaroo hop, or feels like the engine coughs for a few seconds, and when I push the gas pedal it eventually clears it and accelerates as normal again.

I have tried cleaning the distributor cap, and I've had the fuel filter and spark plugs replaced, and it recently had the ignition module replaced and the main relay checked.

Any ideas on what it could be?? Occasionally on a warm day it won't start immediately either, it ignites after a few seconds, but this is very intermittent. Could that be related? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Engine choke

Post by spiffyguido »

I had similar problems caused by a faulty EACV sensor. I would describe my issue as the engine would 'bog' a lot....especially under deceleration. When I would push the gas, it would hesitate, but once I put enough foot in it, it was fine. The effect was most noticeable at low rpm (1500-3000rpm).