External Fuel Pump

Fourth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

o1racing03
Prelude Enthusiast

External Fuel Pump

Post by o1racing03 »

I drive an Integra (B18b)in NASCAR circle track racing. When the car was built with a racing fuel cell we put in an external Prelude fuel pump. It has gone bad and needs to be replaced but I dont remember what year pump they used. Can anyone tell me what latest years Prelude used the external fuel pumps?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: External Fuel Pump

Post by spiffyguido »

Hi,

The fuel pump for 3rd, 4th and 5th generation Preludes was located inside the fuel tank.

The fuel pump on 2nd generation Preludes was located outside the fuel tank, so that must have been the one you used. Look for Preludes from year 1983 to 1987.

Hope that helps.

o1racing03
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by o1racing03 »

That gets me a bunch closer. Do you think those put out the required pressure needed to supply a B18b?

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Should be. The fuel pumps from the 2.0 liter 2nd generation Preludes put out 680cc / min.

o1racing03
Prelude Enthusiast

Post by o1racing03 »

Thanks for your help, I'll start hunting one down. The racecar has been under cover for 4 years after I was asked not to bring it back to the local track I ran at for 18 years. They made it clear they didnt like me with the smallest motor (B18b)and least amount of horsepower (136whp) lapping their field of 250-300hp Mustangs and Pintos. i just found out the 1/2 mile track a little further up the road has opened their MiniStock division up to include FWD cars and I have my first race back on 6/1. I'll keep you guys posted on the results. My plate is full right now as I am also working on getting a Land Speed Record car ready for Bonneville in Aug.
Thanks for the prompt responses without the p*ssing match that usually happens at most of the other car forums.
Marc
spiffyguido wrote:Should be. The fuel pumps from the 2.0 liter 2nd generation Preludes put out 680cc / min.

spiffyguido

Post by spiffyguido »

Happy to help. And please keep us posted on your progress. We love pics!

I'm actually in the process of preparing an old Dodge Daytona for a ChumpCar race. So good to have racing season back!