I need a new Engine

Fifth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

JLG0987
Prelude Enthusiast

I need a new Engine

Post by JLG0987 »

I just bought what I thought was a good deal 1999 Prelude SH. I pulled a major flip up as it was the only car I didn't test drive properly party because of the area. Found out today it has a fairly large hole in a piston which I believe is cylinder number 3(checked with borescope). I don't know how long the hole has been there and don't have the time to do a rebuild unless it's going to be cheaper which I doubt.

I'd like to get a JDM engine closed deck block. I will probably get the engine and tranny together to just drop in. Who is a good company to buy from? Which motor and trannys will fit? There's also the motors from the euro accord type R with the LSD, will these drop in well and not cause problems?

I am a hardcore motorcylist and motorcycle racer. This is my first car. The body and interior are in good shape so I believe the car is worth the investment. The car is primarily a daily driver but currently a driveway babysitter. I plan on doing some autocross and trackdays with the car aswell. My goal for the car would be to keep it N/A and between 200-250rwhp when I'm finish not with just the swap. The car has lot of other mods like MSD ignition and crap. I want to keep the car honda or really good components.

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: I need a new Engine

Post by spiffyguido »

Any H series engine should drop in just fine. Not sure on about the tranny on the Accord Euro R, but it might also be compatible. All said though, you'll likely get the best deal from Japan. I can't suggest a particular dealer though; there are so many of them and I don't have direct experience with any. Best bet is to just hit google and seek reviews. Ebay might even be worth a look. I see a lot of JDM stuff on there.