Help With sun roof?!!

Fifth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

daniboy232
Prelude Enthusiast

Help With sun roof?!!

Post by daniboy232 »

Hey guys i just bought a new 99 prelude si, and it has a sunroof, but like the sunroof just goes up and down like the flap opens but it doesnt move all the way back. so i was wondering if this was supposed to happen or can it go all the way back but mines broken? i got it at a really good price so i let it slide cause it was a really clean car. Thanks im new as well. If you guys have and cruises let me know and ill be there xD say him i wont bite daawgs

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Help With sun roof?!!

Post by spiffyguido »

Hi Daniboy232,

Welcome to the forums.

Some Honda sunroofs have a duel mode where they can open in two ways. One way the just crack open and title upwards. The other way the glass slides in between the roof liner and the roof fully opening the sunroof. It wonder if you are just able to access the one mode.

I've driven a car equipped with such a sunroof, but I can't recall the button function to make it do each opening method. It might be a situation where you have to press and hold or something. Have a look in your owners manual and see if there is a clue in there. If you have reason to believe there is a mechanical problem preventing it from opening, let us know and we can give you some clues.

S-LudeDan
Prelude Guru
Prelude Model: 1996 Honda Prelude S

Re: Help With sun roof?!!

Post by S-LudeDan »

yeah, if you press once it tilts up, then you have to press and hold and it supposed to slide out. Looks like you might have an issue with the rails and motor gears needing grease. Since your tilt feature works I am guessing that your motor is still good. You should Google how to remove the sunroof on a 5th gen Prelude, this will give you the access to the rails. The motor is under the headliner btw.