Headlight bulbs

Fifth Generation Honda Prelude topics

Moderators: RedRacer, spiffyguido

icu2gel58
Lude Dude

Headlight bulbs

Post by icu2gel58 »

I oredered a new headlight for my 2000 Prelude. It does not come with bulbs. What kind of bulbs does it use ?

Advertisement

PreludeDriver.com

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Re: Headlight bulbs

Post by spiffyguido »

Bulb type is H1, I believe.

icu2gel58
Lude Dude

Post by icu2gel58 »

OK, so I got the 3 bolts off the old headlight..How the $^%& do I get the headlight out ??????? Loooks like i gotta remove the bumper....?!?!?!...Darn those Japanese....

spiffyguido
Prelude Model: 1991 SE-SR

Post by spiffyguido »

Have you checked the service manual (see manuals section)? The procedure should be documented in there.

RedRacer
Prelude Model: 1995 Si w/mods

Post by RedRacer »

Yes, Spiffy is correct, those are the H1 bulbs.

Unfortunately, you will have to remove the front bumper and the front bumper upper beam to uninstall the headlight assembly.

Also unfortunately, there is not a download for the entire 5Gen Prelude manual, only certain sections. The details for bumper and beam uninstall and reinstall you need are in section 20, and section 20 is not available in the PDriver manuals. The reason I know this is because the removal instructions for the headlight assembly itself are located in Sect 23, Electrical. And that is where it states Step 1: Remove bumper and upper beam (see section 20).................

Sorry, we got the manual downloads from an existing source; it's not that we just didn't include some sections. The ones listed are all that were available.

You can try online auto parts store sites, etc. They have some online repair manuals, ie Autozone, Advance Auto, Pep Boys, etc. Otherwise, you'll have to just break it down by trial and error until you get it removed enough to get at the lights.

The best I can get you on short notice is an exploded bumper parts view from Majestic Honda's online parts website..click on the link below. Part #1 being the bumper and part#9 being the upper beam. (001 and 009 in the list, 1 and 9 in the image)

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... ry5=BUMPER